Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Grandma.

The things I remember about my grandma.

She loved to quilt... by hand. I got to pick out a
quilt for Bridger and one for myself.
They are beautiful. I am so lucky to have them.

She always was dressed up. Always in heels and nice clothes.

She used to create lovely tea parties for us.
She would make tiny sandwiches, cupcakes, and little treats.
We would get to use her special plates.

She used to tell us stories of her growing up.
She would get out paper and draw us what it looked like where she grew up.

She never stopped learning new things.
She was always doing some project or another fixing up her home.
She did the tile countertops in her kitchen, plaster mold thingies on the ceilings
in some of the rooms, and refinished antique furniture.

She was always at a garage sale looking for hidden antique treasures.
I cannot believe how many antique keepsakes she had found.
We will all miss her so much.


This is us on our journey to Canada. Only 5 minutes into the drive.
(I am not sure we looked this happy at the end of the 10 hour drive.)



2 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

I'm sorry my dear - we were thinking about you all week last week. She was a sweet lady (the few times I met her) and I'm sorry that you've had to go through this!

Marche' said...

So sorry, Katie. The loss of a loved one is not easy. I love you and your family! (...not your husband because he's a weirdo! LOL!)